Garage doors are one of the most essential parts of a home or commercial property. They offer security, insulation and convenience for those who own them, and can be a real hassle when they become stuck or damaged. Unfortunately, garage doors can often become stuck due to misaligned wheels and tracks, which can leave homeowners feeling helpless and frustrated.
If your garage door wheel is out of track, you may feel like you have no choice but to hire a professional to come and fix it. But the truth is, you can actually get your garage door wheel back on track without having to hire a professional. In this article, we’ll show you how to do it, step-by-step, and discuss the pros and cons of doing it yourself.
Step-By-Step Guide to Getting Garage Door Wheels Back On Track
The first step to getting your garage door wheel back on track is to identify the root cause of the problem. Most often, it’s due to a misalignment of the wheels, which can occur due to the weight of the door, improper installation, or wear and tear over time. Once you’ve identified the cause, you can then move onto the following steps:
1. Start by checking both the wheels and the tracks for any signs of damage or wear and tear. If there are any, replace them immediately.
2. Make sure the tracks are clean and free of any debris or dirt.
3. Adjust the tension on the chain or belt that drives the garage door. This will help to ensure that the door is properly balanced and the wheels are aligned correctly.
4. Check the wheels to make sure they are properly lubricated. If they are not, use a silicone-based lubricant to lubricate them.
5. Make sure the wheels are firmly attached to the track. If they are loose, you may need to reattach them.
6. Finally, check to make sure the tracks are straight and level. If they are not, you may need to use a level and a hammer to straighten them out.
Pros and Cons of Fixing Garage Door Wheels Yourself
Fixing a garage door wheel yourself can be a great way to save time and money, as well as maintain the integrity of your garage door. However, it’s important to consider both the pros and the cons before making any decisions. Here are some of the pros and cons to consider:
• You can save time and money by avoiding the need to hire a professional.
• You can ensure the integrity and safety of your garage door by fixing it yourself.
• You can avoid the hassle and frustration of having to hire a professional.
• You may not have the necessary tools or skills to fix the problem.
• You may not be able to identify the root cause of the problem.
• You may not be able to fix the problem in a timely manner.
Getting your garage door wheel back on track is an easy job that can be done by most homeowners. However, it’s important to consider the pros and cons before deciding to do it yourself. If you do decide to take on the job, following the steps outlined above will help you to get your garage door wheel back on track and keep it running smoothly for years to come.